The Letter “L”Posted: February 3, 2009
My dear friend, Sara, over at If I Had to Pick Five (which, by the way is the funniest blog you’re not reading if you haven’t been there yet), tagged me with the letter “L.”
What does this mean, exactly?
Well, it means I need to now list 10 things I love that begin with, well, the letter “L.”
Want to play? Let me know and I’ll assign a letter to you! This is fun stuff.
1. Lobster. Mmmm. Steamed lobster. In butter. Nothing better than lobster dipped in hot butter. Nothing.
2. Lemon Chiffon Yogurt by Dannon. It’s the only yogurt I eat. Why? It’s a thing. And I have many things.
3. Live music. I can’t get to enough concerts. Love live music. Even if it doesn’t always sound as good as the CD. Because, when it does, or even sounds better, well, then you know why I love live music.
4. Lemon poppyseed muffins. I guess I have a thing for lemon. One of my favorite flavors.
5. Lemon meringue pie. Um, see above.
6. Listening. Love to listen to my kids when they are actually playing with each other. And, I’ve been told I’m a good listener by friends. That I’m easy to talk to. I’ll take that.
7. Larry Bird. Come on, give me the L here. He’s my favorite Boston sports figure of, oh, I don’t know, all time.
8. Luscious. It’s just a great word. And it happens to begin with “L.”
9. Lost. Love, love, love this show. Haven’t watched this season yet, but that’s the beauty of TiVo. We’ll do a marathon in like four days once we’re ready to get to it. Great stuff!
10. Lynn. My sister. You’ve heard about Dad. You’ve heard about Mom. You’ve heard about Tim. You’ve heard about Tom. You haven’t heard about Lynn — my big sister. Until now. And that’s my fault. I should have told you more about Lynn. She’s a great sister. A great mom. A great daughter. A great aunt. Nothing flashy (in a good way). Just goes about life and gets it done. Oh, and she always finds the funniest birthday cards on the planet. And, in our family, that pretty much elevates you to sainthood. Fact is, she’s my sister. My only sister. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.