100 Things….About MePosted: August 22, 2007
Ok, nobody tagged me. I’m bringing this 100 thing on myself.
Afterall, new people are here. This will give you some idea about me.
Of course, it might also cause you to never return.
I’m willing to take that chance.
Alright…here we go:
1. I was born in the 60s. Barely.
2. I’m a Scorpio.
3. I’m the youngest of four. Or, as my mother says, “the baby.”
4. I have a sister and twin brothers. One twin died unexpectedly (age 45) in June.
5. My dad died seven years ago, at 65.
6. My grandmother will be 101 in October.
7. My house was popular in the summer — we had a pool.
8. I went to Catholic elementary school.
9. I’m now on the school board of said school.
10. I bounce from idea to idea alot — expect this list to do the same.
11. I’d go back to high school and/or college in a heartbeat.
12. I had perfect attendance my senior year of high school (I know, geek.).
13. I didn’t go to my junior prom.
14. I got a bunch of scholarships at graduation.
15. My 20th reunion is next year. I’m planning it.
16. I went to Marist College.
17. I graduated 15 years ago.
18. My first job was at the CIA — The Culinary Institute of America.
19. I testified at a murder trial.
20. My first ‘acting’ gig? I was a bluebird in 3rd grade.
21. I’m in a movie. Yes, a real one. It’s called Heavy. Stars Liv Tyler.
22. I worked the same summer job through high school and college.
23. I met my wife working at that job.
24. We got married in 1994. We were never going to have kids.
25. Now we have two — one of each.
26. I now can’t believe we didn’t want kids.
27. I have three godchildren.
28. I have 3,495 songs on my iPod.
29. I’ve seen more than 50 bands/artists live in concert.
30. My first concert was KISS. I was 10.
31. We lived in Vermont for six years.
32. I’ve been a regular ‘character’ on two radio morning shows, one in Vermont; one in Connecticut.
33. Watch Montel? Maybe you’ve seen me. I was on his show last year.
34. I’m not sure I can write 100 things about myself.
35. I hate coffee.
36. I love orange juice.
37. I’m 100 percent Coke. Pepsi makes me sick.
38. My gallbladder came out when I was 22.
39. I was the first of my group of friends to get married.
40. I’m actually kind of shy.
41. I’m a lefty.
42. I didn’t get my license until I was 19.
43. My first car? A ‘vette. Chevette.
44. I’m a New England sports fan. Go Sox. Go Pats. Go Celts.
45. I’m pretty good at what I do.
46. But I sometimes wonder if I should have been a teacher.
47. I cried like a fool at my wedding. Tears of joy, of course.
48. I love fantasy baseball.
49. I can’t for the life of me remember movie lines.
50. I can, however, remember song lyrics.
51. I’m a good writer.
52. I make up goofy songs all the time, particuarly to/for my kids.
53. I’m picky.
54. I’m a loyal friend.
55. I like burgers and steak medium rare.
56. I think celery is quite possibly the worst tasting thing. Ever.
57. I kind of like this blogging thing.
58. I’ve been to 15 major league ballparks.
59. I’m an aggressive driver.
60. I expect good customer service.
61. I will fight for principle.
62. Show Boat is my favorite musical.
63. I’ve worn glasses since I was one.
64. My right index finger is the same size as either of my two pinky fingers.
65. I will never drink Bacardi again. (Long story.)
66. I can’t fix anything.
67. I do, however, write a great letter or note.
68. I miss playing golf as much as I used to.
69. I still don’t know why I didn’t have TiVo as soon as it came out.
70. I’m doing the best I can at this dad thing. 🙂
71. I was crying so much, I couldn’t cut my son’s embilical cord.
72. I did cut my daughter’s, and, I gotta say, I felt a little guilty.
73. At times I wish I was a more patient parent.
74. Every now and then, I think about auditioning for some community theater.
75. I have a crush on Kristin Chenoweth.
76. I hate hockey.
77. I have a candy corn collection. (Don’t worry, you’ll learn about it soon.)
78. My most amazing concert experience? Being 20 feet from Bono’s mic at a Boston U2 show.
79. I wish I didn’t, but I bite my nails.
80. I want to go back to Ireland.
81. I already love the thought of taking my kids to Disney in a few years.
82. I once surpised my wife in Italy. She was chaperoning a trip. I just showed up.
83. I drove all summer without air conditioning in my car.
84. I do my best work under deadline.
85. I don’t do incredibly well on ladders.
86. I wish I was 40 pounds lighter.
87. I sometimes wish I was better organized.
88. I don’t use a straw.
89. My favorite dressing is thousand island.
90. I still have the baseball cards I collected as a kid.
91. I’m very picky when it comes to comedy. I don’t think Will Ferrell is funny.
92. I do think Steven Wright is hilarious, however.
93. I want my kids to be as proud of me as I will be of them.
94. I’m probably into Thomas the Tank Engine as much as my three-year-old.
95. I once rode around all day in a limo with Bob Denver. (You’ll hear about it sometime!)
96. I’m the in-game DJ for a professional sports team.
97. I usually only need five hours of sleep per night.
98. I pray that my nephew comes home safely from Iraq.
99. We go to church regularly.
100. I can’t decide which remaining nugget to end with!
What else? I definitely got nothin’ now.